in this article I’ll demonstrate how to spin up a SQL server 2019 Standard version on Azure IAAS on a standard VM (Windows 2019 from marketplace).
Setup your environment
I used this Terraform main.tf
- download Terraform from https://www.terraform.io/downloads.html
- edit your Windows PATH variable to point to your terraform main folder (I have a main folder for Azure deployments with a folder on C:\TERRAFORM\ where I extract my Terraform downloaded file into)
- quick commands
- az login
- terraform init
- terraform plan -out myplanName
- terraform apply myplanName
- follow up your console output to check for any warnings, errors and its deployment
- terraform destroy
Today’s challenge is: Add a data disk to the SQL vm
Let’s work on this on github repository
download SQL trial from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-sql-server-2019 to continue your SQL on IAAS setup.
Check my Github repository